Monday, June 2, 2014

Thanks, Stuff.

I don't know about you, but I really like my stuff.
That may sound pretty shallow and a little spoiled, but think about it.  Think about how the inanimate objects in your life make your life a whole lot more awesome.  I am sure you appreciate your toothbrush.  And who doesn't love their pillow?
I think it's time for our stuff to get a little shout-out.  I'll start:

Thank you to my food processor.  You made it so easy to make baby food.  Because of you, I felt like a super-mom.
Thank you to my "H" mug.  You're the perfect size, the perfect weight, and you're pretty too.  You make me feel comfort every morning as I drink my beloved coffee from you.
Thank you to my pillow - the one I squeeze between my legs as I sleep.  You help me sleep so soundly, without the discomfort of my knobby knees pressed together.
Thank you to my flip-flops (affectionately known as my "flippy-floppies").  You make running out the door so easy, and the slapping sound you make against my heels is oh-so-satisfying.
Thank you to my wine glass.  The perfect shape and height.  You never judge me and say, "that's enough now".
Thank you to my bathtub.  You're so deep and warm.  Because of you, I now love baths.
Thank you to my iPod.  You play your white noise every night in Sloan's room, ensuring she doesn't wake up while Jaime and I watch TV way too loudly.
And thank you to my TV.  You suck me in to your plethora of worlds - and that's A-OK with me.

I could go on you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment